Who We Are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
Beyond The Paycheck (Benefits & Perks)
At lululemon, we care for and invest in the whole person - body, mind, spirit. Our total rewards program is designed to support you in achieving your goals and focus on the things you love. In addition to competitive base pay and a team-based bonus program, we also offer paid time off, generous employee discounts, fitness/yoga classes, parenthood top up program and personal and professional development programs.
availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
The Key Leader role is an essential part of the store leadership team, impacting salesfloor team members and guest (i.e., customer) experience every day. Key Leaders are responsible for leading by example and providing support to Educators, facilitating an outstanding guest experience in the store, and overseeing all operations of the retail floor. Key Leaders leverage key performance indicators and metrics to prioritize responsibilities while adapting to day-to-day business adjustments and challenges.
Core Responsibilities of the Job
Leadership and People Management
Provide team members recognition, gap assessment, and overall performance documentation to support and reinforce career and personal growth. Support ongoing learning and development of team members by providing direct feedback, coaching, mentoring, and career path guidance, and addressing performance concerns. Develop, maintain, and disseminate product and general company knowledge through appropriate communication channels.
Guest (i.e., Customer) Experience and Community
Support team members (e.g., leading by example or coaching) with ensuring a great guest experience that values guests’ time, including assessing guest needs, providing technical product education, supporting in-store transactions and omnichannel programs and providing technical product education. Dynamically provide coverage on the floor to assess and fulfill the needs of the business, team, and guests. Interact with and assess guests’ unique needs to provide customized, effective purchase and return solutions and support. Resolve guest feedback and address guest concerns or escalations to make it "right" for guests. Inform guests of local community programs. Plan and execute local, regional, and area driven Community projects and initiatives (e.g., local run club, international day of yoga).
Working with Others
Contribute to a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for all team members and guests. Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members. Collaborate with team members to ensure optimal guest experience and support store operations.
Manage product presentation tasks (e.g., put items back in place, restock or add depleted items to the floor from inventory, destock or relocate items) according to company standards. Assign Educators store operational tasks as needed throughout the shift to maintain the great environment of the store. Open and close the store in accordance with the opening and closing checklists. Understand and adhere to people safety policies, perfprm work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws or regulations and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Team lead role indirectly responsible for subset of store employees on the floor or as delegated by Store Manager
What We Look For
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner
- Guest Experience: Enjoys working and connecting with, understanding, and helping guests
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works productively with and supports others to achieve goals; seeks partnerships and diverse perspectives
- Leadership: Is able and desires to lead, influence, and inspire others; motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work
- Candid Communication: Is willing to openly/constructively share concerns (i.e., straight talk)
- Decision Making: Uses logic and reasoning to evaluate alternatives and make effective, timely decisions
- Legally eligible to work in the jurisdiction of the store which you are assigned to.
- Willing to work a flexible and reasonable schedule according to the needs of the business.
Other Willingness Requirements
- Willing to work as part of a team and also complete work independently
- Willing to move through a store for most of a shift to help guests and accomplish work
- 1 year work experience in leadership or people management
Job Assets (i.e., nice to have; not required)
- Education: College school diploma, equivalent or above.
- Experience: 1 year retail or sales specific management experience.
Applicants successful in progressing to an interview will be contacted by a Manager. Please note any applicant or employee who believes they need reasonable accessibility support to perform the essential duties of the job is welcome to discuss this with the Manager when arranging the interview.